Do or Die Issue 7
Some photos, illustrations and other images from the paper edition are not
yet included on the website.
- The Iditorial
- Direct Action Six Years Down the
Road (p. 1)
- From the past to the future of the anti-roads movement.
- Lights, Cameras... Activism! (p. 5)
- The stormy relationship between direct action and video
- In Tusks We Trust (p. 9)
- From Sussex to Scotland, wild boars are doing it for
- No Escape from Patriarchy (p. 10)
- Male dominance on direct action camps.
- No-One Ever is to Blame (p. 14)
- On environmentalists' need to scapegoat government and
- Pressmennan (p. 18)
- Defending the ancient oakwoods of Scotland.
- No Opencast! (p. 23)
- A brief history, plus reports and thoughts on the recent action
- Animal Antics (p. 33)
- Road-wreckin' rabbits and pissed-off primates say "Take that,
- Personality Politics (p. 35)
- Revolt is contained by overexposure... direct action as
- Treehouses of the World (p. 38)
- We should never have come down from the trees!
- Farmaggedon! (p. 40)
- Industrial Agriculture - why it has to go and what could follow
- Carry on Camping (p. 54)
- A round up of UK direct action camps from the last year.
- The Oil Industry (p. 59)
- Thrills, spills and then kills - Followed by...
- Putting a Spanner in the Oil
Industry's Works (p. 66)
- Hints on how to fuck up the oil mega-machine.
- World Wide Fraud (p. 76)
- WWF pandering to the will of industry - and responsible for
- Quarry Fighting in the South
West (p. 79)
- Viva Sasé: Tierra y
Libertad (p. 85)
- Reports from the squatted village in Spain.
- Occupy, Resist, Produce (p. 88)
- Brasil's landless peasants' movement - an inside view from a
- Green Fort versus Mean Port (p. 97)
- Resistance to harbour development in Holland.
- Tíocfáidh Ár
La (p. 100)
- Pixies Reclaim Ireland - direct action re-greening the 'Emerald
- Hot Dam! (p. 109)
- Victory for the people opposing the Maheshwar dam in
- Behind the Balaclavas (p. 110)
- First hand impressions of the Zapatista communities.
- Direct Action Down Under (p. 118)
- Reports from eco-direct actions and campaigns in
- Thanksgiving is for
Turkeys (p. 122)
- Amerikkka Celebrates Genocide - and Native Americans continue
- Global Round-up (p. 125)
- News from Sri Lanka, France, the Phillipines and
Thailand.Paranoia... noia... noia... BOO!
- In the Dungeons of Fortress
Europe (p. 129)
- Thought Police imprison Green Anarchists in UK.
- Europol (p. 132)
- Radikal (p. 134)
- The repression of Radikal magazine in Germany.
- Italian Anarchists (p. 134)
- Italian anarchists framed.
- CS Gas: How to combat the
effects (p. 135)
Odds and Sods...
- Prisoners of War (p. 136)
- UK and overseas prisoners listings and contacts for
International Prisoner Support Organisations.
- Gathering Force, published by the Big Issue(p. 139)
After Leftism, by Bob Black (p. 145)
Jungle, edited by Mark Dion
and Alexis Rockman (p. 147)
- Recommended Reading (p. 149)
- Monkeywrenching the media monoculture with small reviews and
contact details for over 65 weird and wonderful publications.
- Lettuce to the Cabbage (p. 158)
- 'Go on punk, make my day'... letters from our long-suffering
- Contacts (p. 163)
- Ways into the ecological resistance networks: two pages of UK
and international contacts.