Do or Die Issue 9
Some photos, illustrations and other images from the paper edition are not
yet included on the website.
Prague, September 2000
- Introduction (p. 1)
- On the Attack in
Prague! (p. 2)
- Against the IMF and World Bank
- Pink and Silver
Route Report (p. 9)
- Dancing into Danger.
- Blue Route
Report (p. 10)
- Block Rocking Beats.
- Yellow Route
Report (p. 11)
- Ya Basta(rds)!
- Pink and
Silver on the Warpath (p.
- Here Comes the Barmy Army!
- Time to Take
The Gloves Off (p. 15)
- Fuck the Civil, Let's get Disobedient!
- Communications in Prague (p. 20)
- Co-ordination of information for the day was going to be
- Bashing the GE-nie back
in the Bottle (p. 21)
- Borders no barrier to sabotage. The global fight against
- Struggles South of the
Pyrenees (p. 30)
- Reports from radical social movements in the Spanish
- The Spanish
Revolution (p. 44)
- The Civil War of 1936-39.
- Reflections on
Biocentrism (p. 46)
- Impressions of EF! UK by a roving American.
- State of
Terror (p. 48)
- Getting to grips with the new Terrorism Bill.
Stations! (p. 63)
- An A-Z of top tips for planning direct action.
- May Day (p. 69)
- Guerilla? Gardening? The RTS action in London on May Day.
- Big Tree
Picture (p. 82)
- A picture of a big tree, and something from John Milton.
- Black Autonomy: Civil
rights, the Blank Panthers and Today (p. 83)
- An interview with two ex-Panthers.
all Illusions (p. 99)
- LA Insurrection 1965/1992.
Antics (p. 101)
- Beasts bite back!
- Running to Stand
Still (p. 103)
- Globalisation, blagging and the dole.
- The Ballad of the
Black Hooded Top (p. 110)
- Why we shouldn't confuse our politics with our dress
Resisting the WTO: November 30th 1999
- Introduction (p. 111)
- November 30th, 1999: A Global Day of Action, Resistance,
and Carnival (p. 112)
- The original proposal for the Global Day of Action.
- Interview (p.
- Interview with a woman who has been involved in Earth First! (EF!) in the States
over the past few years and was involved in the mobilisation against the WTO
- Black Bloc
Communiqué (p. 125)
- An extract from a communiqué published by one section of
the black bloc in Seattle on November 30th.
- This Is
What Anarchy Looks Like (!?) (p.
- Reflections On Mass Protest In Amerika.
- Countdown to
the Battle of Seattle (p.
- An Incomplete Chronology.
Alert! (p. 134)
- The Revolution will not be Bolshevised.
- Resources and
Further Reading (p. 136)
- A listing of various magazines, books, websites, and videos
covering the Seattle protests.
- It's all Kicking
Off! (p. 140)
- A radical history of football.
- Carry on Camping
- News from the UK's direct action camps.
Adventures! (p. 154)
- A report from the 1999 Encuentro in Brasil.
- Give up
Activism (p. 160)
- Now with a new postscript!
- Give up
Activism - Postscript (p.
- A new postscript by the author of 'Give up Activism' responding
to some criticisms of the original article.
Against our Domestication! (p.
- Realising our desires and moving towards a feral
- The Lowdown on
Lockdown (p. 173)
- Reports from networks striking back against the prison
- The Indomitable
Gaul (p. 179)
- World's greatest prison escapes No.1: Jacques Mesrine.
- Prisoners of
War (p. 182)
- Listings of UK and international prisoners to support.
- Beaten Up,
Fitted Up, Locked Up (p.
- Mark Barnsley and the Pomona Incident - A Miscarriage of
- Redemption (p.
- A striking and moving cartoon about prisoner Leonard
Support Groups (p. 192)
- UK and International.
- Against the
Megamachine: Essays on Empire and its Enemies, by David Watson (p. 193)
- Beasts of Burden:
Capitalism - Animals - Communism (p.
Britain: A Traveller's Guide, by Douglas Botting (p.
- Cultures of
Resistance, by email@example.com (p. 200)
- Guy Debord, by Anselm Jappe
- Elements of
Refusal, by John Zerzan (p. 203)
Organisation, by Jacques Camatte (p. 206)
Zapatistas: A Rough Guide (p.
Marxism and the Future of the Left: Interviews and Essays
1993-1998, by Murray Bookchin (p. 209)
- Letters (p. 213)
- All the news! All the feuds! Your deranged scribblings neatly
typed out and given sarcastic subheaders by us.
- Contacts (p. 227)
- Contacts so you can get in on the hot group